SCOTT HAUGHAWOUT, D.O., C.I.M.E.
Board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist Dr. Scott Haughawout joined Nebraska Spine + Pain Center in 2011 after completing his specialty training. His expertise includes advanced diagnostics, such as electrodiagnostic examinations to find the root source of pain. He also offers evidence-based nonsurgical and interventional treatments, including nerve root blocks, joint and trigger point injections as well as epidural steroid injections of the spine. Dr. Haughawout works together with his patients to create treatment plans to help them function better in their day-to-day activities.
Dr. Haughawout grew up in Wichita, Kansas, and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in exercise science from Wichita State University. He went on to earn his medical degree from Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Missouri. Dr. Haughawout then completed his osteopathic internship at The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth. He finished his specialized training through his physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Haughawout lives an active lifestyle playing sports, weight lifting, and even coaching his kids. He also enjoys slowing down and spends time painting, completing do-it-yourself projects, camping, and fishing.
Dr. Haughawout is available to see patients at Nebraska Spine + Pain Center in Omaha as well as at our satellite office in Columbus.
Education & Training
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science: Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Osteopathic Internship: The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, TX
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American College of Physicians
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons