Nebraska Spine + Pain Center is moving its Grand Island satellite office location to 620 N. Custer Ave., where its specialists will see patients as of Aug. 4. The office is located inside Grand Island Chiropractic. Patients in need of specialized back, neck, spine and nerve-related care are…
MICHAEL C. LONGLEY, M.D.
Dr. Michael Longley is a fellowship-trained and board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon. His expertise includes complex and minimally invasive spine surgery including disc herniation, spinal tumors, spinal fusion, spinal deformity (scoliosis), spinal cord decompression, traumatic spinal injury, and artificial disc surgery.
Dr. Longley graduated from the University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences Observatory in South Africa with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree. He then completed an internship at McCord Zulu Hospital in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Moving to Canada, Dr. Longley underwent an orthopedic residency and his first spine and orthopedic fellowship at the University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine and Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon. Dedicated to additional training in spine surgery, he completed a second fellowship at the University of Western Ontario and Victoria Hospital in London and his third fellowship at Minnesota Spine Center in Minneapolis.
Education & Training
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery: University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa
- Rotating Internship: McCord Zulu Hospital, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Orthopedic Residency: University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Spine and Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship: University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: University of Western Ontario, Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Minnesota Spine Center, Minneapolis, MN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Metro Omaha Medical Society
- North American Spine Society
- Omaha Midwest Clinical Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Saskatchewan Medical Association
- Scoliosis Research Society