JOHN W. MCCLELLAN III, M.D.
Board-certified in orthopedic surgery and fellowship-trained in pediatric and adult spinal surgery, Dr. John McClellan offers specialized, experienced spine care for adult and pediatric patients. His expertise includes adolescent low-back stress fractures, low-back surgery, disc herniation, spinal tumors, spinal fusion, scoliosis, and spinal cord decompression. As a member of Nebraska Spine + Pain Center, Dr. McClellan is dedicated to ensuring his patients receive the top comprehensive spine care available, focused on their individual needs.
Dr. McClellan received his undergraduate degree from Creighton University in Omaha before graduating with his Doctor of Medicine degree from Creighton University School of Medicine. He went on to complete his rotating internship as well as his orthopedic surgery residency through Creighton University and the University of Nebraska Health Foundation. Dr. McClellan finished his advanced spine training through a pediatric and adult spinal surgery fellowship at Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham, England. He also completed a short traveling fellowship with AO Trauma, an international orthopedic trauma organization, through McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
As an orthopedic spine doctor, Dr. McClellan fully understands and appreciates the benefits of an active lifestyle and enjoys playing golf, hiking, and hunting. His other interests include reading and photography.
Dr. McClellan is available to see patients at Nebraska Spine + Pain Center in Omaha.
Education & Training
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Finance: Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Doctor of Medicine: Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
- Internship: Creighton University/University of Nebraska Health Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Creighton University/University of Nebraska Health Foundation, Omaha, NE
- Pediatric and Adult Spinal Surgery Fellowship: Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, England
- AO Travel Fellowship: McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Nebraska Medical Association
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society, Fellow